Friday, April 10, 2009

Cushions and playing hookey

We both have off today but I couldn't face the possible disaster down there so matt went without me. I'm stating home to work on the cushions. So far we have one down and about twelve to go.


We found an upholstery shop at Berlin auction, a giant indoor outdoor flea market. They custom cut foam for all the berths including lining the hull walls for only 300.00. I bought 20 yards of heavy fabric to cover it with. We stuffed it all into my mothers monster suv. On the way home we had a mr wizard type experience where the giant mass of foam stuffed in the back and middle of the car muffled all sound so we had to shout to hear each other. Very cool.

Anyway I'm working on the quarter berth but cut it a little too short so now I have to do some improvising.

Matt is supposed to make templates today to line the cabin with bead board where it was cut away. We also need to figure something out to replace the foam that used to fill the gap between the bulkheads and the cabin ceiling. Booyah. Could there be anything else? Oh wait, there is. We have some questionable wood holding the chainplates the hold the stays for the mastabd a possible leak around the rudder.


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment