Thursday, April 10, 2014

Where I left off


So I ordered some fancy sunbrella fabric to re cover the saloon cushions. I decided that there was no sense in working on the vee berth cushions. I think now that covering them the first time was a wasted effort. Guess what. No one sees the vee berth cushions. They always have sheets on them. 

I bought white vinyl mesh to do the bottom surfaces of each cushion for drainage and air circulation. 



Here is a larger shot of the quarter berth cushion:

Shortly after this I broke my foot and had to take a hiatus from the project. When I was feeling up to it I had some help from my mother who got the dinette cushions up out of he basement for me. Unfortunately she thought they were more symmetrical than they were so now I have them backwards and slightly off size as they were not symmetrical at all. 

Oh well. Close enough. 


No comments:

Post a Comment