Monday, July 19, 2010

Products

I realize now that I haven't mentioned what we are using for paint.  We're doing the decks with two part Interlux Perfection. The primer for that is a two part primer called Interlux PrimeKote. Hard as nails. Even with just two coats of primer on some parts the fiberglass feels stiffer and is amazingly glossy.  And, per Interlux, once this primer is cured you can slap epoxy on top of it and it will bond. Amazing. Chemistry is just amazing.

The interior will be one part Interlux Brightsides, which we are also using for the dinghy. I'm not sure what the primer is called for that. It's the corresponding Interlux product.

Next spring we'll be painting the hull, and will most likely use the Perfection for the hull, with the Brightsides on the bootstripe.

Also, I just ordered toe rail stanchion bases from Holland Marine, made from the Grampian mold. I think this will make a tremendous difference.

1 comment:

  1. Seems like the asian stuff is some kind of spam.. I have seen it elsewhere.

    As for your refinishing here.. I will be doing some minor repairs in my cockpit, a softspot and crack repairs, PAINT!

    So could I ask you send me some pics of the finish with this product.. looks great.. and I think we will choose this ourselves. biker1bob@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete